This page carries links to the research behind our videos and to works on Irish social history. The information given, together with considerations about culture and related topics, is intended to show, fairly comprehensively, how this project came about.
You will appreciate, therefore, that our volunteer group, in promoting ecotourism, has regard to the high values which must underlie the protection both of the environment and of our society generally. The research is presented in English, for the most part, but material in the four languages is also provided. Everyday phrases in Irish are translated.
Should you have any comment to make on the information which we provide, or upon any aspect of the project, please contact us.
- 1. The Social History and People behind the Living Communities [En]
- 2. Launch of the Living Communities [En]
- 3. Our Movement – Snippits of History [En]
- 4. The Celts, the French and the Germans [En]
- 5. The Wild Geese – Snippits of History [En]
- 6. Enlightenment at Monivea [En]
- 7. Useful Phrases [Fr – Ie – De – En]
- 8. Historic Irish Links to France, Germany and the wider World [En]
- 9. Paper 1 – Review of certain Connections between Gaeldom and Hindustan [En]
- 10. Paper 2 – Some common Features in Irish Gaelic and Hindu Societies [En]
- 11. Paper 3 – Irish and German: some linguistic Connections [En]
- 12. Paper 4 – A brief Comparison between some Aspects of Irish and German Grammar and Vocabulary [En]
- 13. Paper 5 – Proto-Indo-European (PIE) – How certain unhybridised Daughter Languages arose [En]
- 14. Paper 6 – The Break-up of Proto-Indo-European [En – Draft]
- 15. The Lannins: my Mother’s Clan